Our Pricing Policy
What can I typically save?
We offer a minimum saving of a tax equivalent discount vs. the average UK High Street Price or recommended retail price (RRP) on our products, 365 days a year wherever you are flying to*:
- Fragrance - we offer a saving of between 20% and 40% off vs the average UK High Street Price
- Alcohol - we offer a saving of between 20% and 50% off versus the average UK High Street Price on selected surveyed duty free lines
- Skincare & Cosmetics - tax equivalent savings vs. the average UK High Street Price
- Luxury, Souvenirs, Toys & Electricals - tax equivalent savings vs. the RRP
Confectionery/Food product categories - different taxes apply to products in this category. We therefore offer a different range of confectionery/food items – in terms of formats, size, limited editions, novelties and travel exclusive products, compared to those that can be found on the UK high street.
What is the average UK High Street Price?
We commission an independent company to survey well known high street stores, including major multiples, department stores and specialist retailers, to find the products we stock. Where a product is identified with at least two or more retailers we then create an average UK High Street Price and we then benchmark our prices against this average UK High Street Price.
The survey covers UK high street stores only. The survey only includes products at their standard price during the period of the survey. It does not include products that are on promotion, discounted lines, product prices that require membership to a loyalty scheme or subscription service, or any products sold by online only retailers (other than Waitrose Cellar and Master of Malt).
How often do you survey?
We survey our fragrance and liquor lines four times a year, and our skincare and cosmetics lines two times a year. The current liquor prices in our stores have been compared against the average UK High Street price in October 2023. The current fragrance prices in our stores have been compared against the average UK High Street price in December 2023, and the current prices in our stores for skincare and cosmetics have been compared against the average UK High street price in August 2023.
Which High Street Shops do you compare against?
The High Street shops that we survey include well-known supermarkets, high street and department stores.
Fragrance, Skincare & Cosmetics Survey Stores - Boots, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop.
Alcohol Survey Stores - Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco, Waitrose Cellar, Majestic, Harrods, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, The Whisky Shop, Master of Malt, Hedonism Wines, Whisky Exchange.
Does your pricing policy apply to the products in all of your stores?
No, exclusions apply. Tobacco and Confectionery are excluded from this policy in all locations.
Some alcohol products purchased in our World Duty Free stores on a P&O Ferries are excluded.
Our stores in Eurotunnel UK, the Centre Parcs villages, our Glorious Britain stores and the stores that we trade as Macallan, Hermes and Bulgari are also excluded from this policy.
What if I find it cheaper elsewhere?
With our Price Promise Guarantee if you find the same product cheaper at a non-promotional price on the UK High Street within 28 days of purchasing any product from us, we will refund you double the difference. In accordance with best practice high street retailers, our pricing policy does not cover online retailers. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
*The following are excluded from our pricing policy:
- Selected 70cl alcohol lines
- Selected alcohol lines in our World Duty Free stores on P&O Ferries
- Products in stores in: Eurotunnel UK, Center Parcs villages, Glorious Britain and stores we trade as Macallan, Hermes and Bulgari
- Alcohol that is for domestic passengers only
- Tobacco and tobacco products/accessories
- Individual products that cannot be found in 2 or more of our surveyed stores
- Products produced exclusively for us
- Products where we donate part of our profits to charitable causes
- High value products that are over £1,000